Tuesday 1 July 2014

THE OIL SERIES #4 - MY OIL TIME FAVOURITES

favorite oils for health and beauty

This will be last installment in this series (unless I think of something else I want to talk about with regard to oils!)

Many people may be unaware of what oils to use, and what type of oil might be best suited to their skin type, so please check out my post on understanding oils, you can find it here. 

I wanted to feature my favorite oils and how I incorporate them into my daily life, hopefully this may provide you with some tips.



Coconut oil 
One word for this oil - LOVE. I think everybody should have coconut oil in their home.
How I use it:

♥As a hair oil to deep condition my hair, check out my post on using oils for hair here.
♥As a eye makeup remover
♥ DIY toothpaste - Mix some coconut oil with baking soda until it forms a paste
♥As a body moisturiser (I don't like to use it on my face)
♥To cook with, coconut oil has a high smoke point, so is a fantastic oil to cook with
♥First thing in the morning I always have a cup of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil mixed in.
♥In my smoothies - a fantastic way of getting a good fat in your smoothies + it's high in lauric acid and medium chain fatty acids so helps boost metabolism

Avocado Oil 

Beauty magic in a bottle. Its a rich velvety oil which really nourishes the skin. 
How I use it:

♥As a face moisturiser
♥ I sometimes use it to cleanse my face with, I massage the oil into my dry skin then remove it using a warm (not hot) flannel.

Castor oil 

A thick oil not the most aromatic, but fantastic nonetheless.

♥ To condition my lashes and eyebrows. I spread a small amount through my eyebrows, and using a old mascara wand through my eyelashes. I do this every night before bed.

Argan oil 

Liquid gold.Contains a natural abundance of vitamins and antioxidants.

♥Face moisturiser
♥I like to add a few drops of argan oil to my toner  (currently rosewater) to hydrate and tone!
♥When my hair is damp after washing a like to add a few drops (you don't need alot) through the ends of my hair. This provides a great shine and helps defrizz.

Of course there are other oils I like to use as well (almond oil, rose hip oil) but these are my oil time favourites!

What's your favourite oil, and what how do you incorporate it into your beauty/health routine? 

No comments :

Post a Comment