Thursday 26 June 2014

THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL.

After watching the brilliant CloudyApples, who I'm sure you all know, if you don't check out her awesome Youtube channel. She recently put up a video titled 'Things that make me feel' where she discussed what things have touched her and revived her passions. Inspired by this video I have decided to share with you what makes me feel.


1. The first thing is a trilogy of books titled 'Conversations with God' by Neale Donald Walsch. Conversations with God started when the author in the midst of a frustrating low-point in his life wrote a letter to God and was replied to. The book takes the format of the author questioning and God answering him. The author asks God questions about personal matters such as family, love spirituality to wider social issues to global issues.

This may sound corny, but these books spoke to my soul, and they speak from a very deep place. You HAVE to have an open mind to truly appreciate the message, but it will really make you stop and think and look at everything in a new light.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the books:
“The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you; but to have another with whom you might share your completeness."
"Life’s irony is that as soon as worldly goods and worldly success are of no concern to you, the way is open for them to flow to you"
"Whatever you choose to have, give it to other people. If you choose happiness, then cause another person to be happy. Do it sincerely, without expectation of a personal gain. And what you give, will return to you.When you give something, you create an experience of having it, because you cannot give what you do not have. If you make someone happy, you then create experience of being and having happiness yourself. Thus, the mind comes to a New Thought that you must have happiness, since you give it to others. The New Thought becomes experience. You soon become, Be, that experience"
If you haven't read these, I HIGHLY recommend you do.

2. Loyalty. The reason this makes me feel is because it so important to me, and one of the attributes I seek in people who I choose to keep close to me. Its up there with love and trust. I have been burned before (and recently very very badly). Burned in the sense that people who I thought would "have my back", betrayed me in the worst way possible.

Now I'm not saying you have to jump into every disagreement that your loved ones have, for the most part, myself included, I can fight my own battles. But when feelings are being seriously hurt, relationships are being permanently damaged and arguments are turning nasty, then personally I would not just ogle from the side of the road (which I know a good few people like to do) I would step in to protect and defend my loved ones.

The way I see it if you love someone and care about them you would do something. Hell I would. Be a voice of reason, or simply a voice of compassion. Like love, being loyal is not something you can just say you are, you have to show it.



3.Summer makes me feel fantastic. Living in the UK for the most the weather here is dull, grey, cold and raining, so in the summer months, when you wake up and the sun is shining through your windows, and it's not dark when you are going home from work, this makes me feel so great. There is noting like feeling the sunshine on your face, long late summer nights, and oh the thunderstorms that you get in the summer! For me, thunderstorms carry with them some sort of sentimental, nostalgic charm. Also a cold breeze on a hot summers day, there's nothing like it.

What makes you feel? Please comment down below, I would love to know what you think.

(Images courtesy of Google images) 

No comments :

Post a Comment